SocketWrench is a nice, trial version software only available for Windows, being part of the category Development software with subcategory ActiveX (more specifically Internet & Networking).
More about SocketWrench
It's available for users with the operating system Windows 95 and previous versions, and you can download it only in English. Its current version is 5.0 and the latest update was on 3/21/2007.Since the program joined our selection of software and apps in 2005, it has reached 8,194 downloads, and last week it had 1 download. SocketWrench is a program that will require less space than most software in the category Development software. It's very heavily used in United States.
- Full compatibility with Windows Vista and Visual Studio 2005
- Supports Visual Studio 6.0, 2003 and Visual Studio 2005; Visual Basic 6.0 and Visual Basic .NET using COM interop
- Supports multiple threading models to simplify development
- Optimized for Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003 and Windows 2000
- Streamlined interface that reduces the amount of code required
- Increased performance over high-speed networks
- Improved memory management and reduced overall resource usage
- Improved Windows Sockets trace logging for debugging and technical support
- Enhanced support for network firewalls and proxy servers
- Better control over system resources allocated by the component
- ATL based ActiveX controls with no dependency on additional libraries
- Libraries include embedded type information that makes them easier to use in Visual Basic.
- Automatically inherits default windows proxy server settings
- 100% source compatible with SocketWrench 4.0 and 4.5. If you are using an earlier version, older code will require some rewriting but in most cases, updating your existing code to use the new 5.0 components is a simple, straightforward process
- Version 5 can reside on the same computer and within the same development project with no conflict with earlier versions
- Expanded technical reference documentation in both HTML Help and PDF format
- Additional examples for C++, Visual Basic and third-party languages